Thursday, April 22, 2010

Electronics, motors +++

I have exactly zero skills in soldering and electronics, thankfully iprint3d.org sells assembled motherboards, stepper drivers and extruder controllers. They got quite a build up of reservations while they were out of stock, that they are currently working through, but my stuff is in line to be assembled from the 26th of april. iprint3d also got extruder parts, motors and wires so i'll get a lot of the stuff needed from them. So that leaves two major deliveries before my Mendel will do anything exciting.

Still need to get the thick sheet parts from somewhere though, the guy with the milled mendel parts were supposed to make those as well and it seems like he's a lost case. I'm thinking about making them myself, they will not be as pretty as a cnc og lasercut version but probably a lot cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment